|Bid Closing Date|
|Title||Power Transmission Lines||EOI Posting Date||September-27-18|
|Tender Issue Date||EOI Closing Date||** CLOSED **|
|Status||Open||Last Revised On||September-27-18|
Vale Newfoundland & Labrador Limited (Vale NL) are inviting submissions of an Expression of Interest for a potential opportunity to support the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion Project in Voisey’s Bay, NL
Power line package will include the following main components:
- Design and build approximately 4 km of single circuit 13.8 kV, 3 phase overhead distribution line rated for 600A continuous load. Design of the overhead line will be to CSA standards and standard practices of utilities in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Lines will be designed for 25kV rated voltage to match site’s existing power distribution.
- Design and modify approximately 3 km of the existing overhead power line presently operating at 25 kV to operate at 13.8 kV, 600A continuous operating load.
- Power line will include cable portions totaling approximately 2 km, installed above ground in cable trays and underground. Cables will be rated for 600A continuous load, utilizing 15kV TECK cable.
- Installation of fiberoptic communication cable along the power line routing. Fiberoptic cable will be mounted on the overhead line’s poles and in a separate conduit along the cable portion of the power line.
- Auxiliary services associated with the power line, such as underground road crossings, installation of Contractor’s and Company’s supplied pole mounted transformers, load break switches, fused cut-outs, etc.