|Bid Closing Date||Heavy Haul Transportation Consulting Services|
|Title||Heavy Haul Transportation Consulting Services||EOI Posting Date||February-03-17|
|Tender Issue Date||Heavy Haul Transportation Consulting Services||EOI Closing Date||** CLOSED **|
|Status||Open||Last Revised On||May-18-17|
|Successful Bidder||ALE Roll-Lift Canada|
Vale Newfoundland & Labrador Limited (Vale NL) are inviting submissions of an Expression of Interest for a potential opportunity to support the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion Project in Voisey’s Bay, NL.
Contractor to provide information related to the engineering, transportation and installation of the modules, pre-assemblies and heavy haul components for the construction of the Vale Voisey Bay Mine Expansion Project (VBME).
Contractor shall immediately mobilize qualified Naval Architect(s)/Professional Marine and/or Structural Engineer(s) to the Vale VBME St. John’s Project Office to provide:
- Naval Architect/Marine/Structural Engineering input to discipline designers regarding anticipated vessel/barge motion forces expected during shipment from anticipated ports within the Great Lakes & Atlantic Canada St. Lawrence Basin to Voisey’s Bay; ports to be confirmed.
- Specification of Sea Accelerations from anticipated ports noted above, Marine Loading Design Criteria, Land Transportation Loadings by Naval Architect(s)/Structural Engineer(s) including seasonal shipping sea state limitations.
- Support engineering requirements during the design phase by evaluating and identifying suitable design solutions to meet transportation and installation requirements including sea-fastening, foundation design, structural design and the use of permanent or temporary bracing as required.
- Recommended types of land transportation equipment, including preliminary shipping drawings, calculations of loads per axle, preparing diagrams showing turning radius, necessary drawings and method statements required in connection with the loading, sea-fastening, transportation, unloading, site installation of modules, pre-assemblies and heavy haul loads. Note: Site installation includes the equipment final foundation design philosophy to allow ease of placement.
- Perform/Assist with Heavy Lift Studies as required.
- Perform road surveys and evaluation of loading and unloading facilities at load out ports and Voisey’s Bay.
- Recommend Barge sizing & specifications, including tow arrangements, deck strengthening modifications, etc...
- Provide market analysis insights into equipment availability and suitability of Cranes, SPMTs, Barges, Tugs, Ships, etc…
- Provide budgetary numbers associated with the transportation of modules, pre-assemblies and heavy haul loads, including, but not limited to:
- Load out, unloading & installation man-hours
- equipment listing
- equipment utilization hours
- mobilization and demobilization costs
- chartering of barges with tugs, vessels and any supporting tugs
- port expenses
- infrastructure modifications, i.e. wharf renovations
- Provide budgetary numbers for road transportation of modules, modules and heavy haul loads, including, but not limited to:
- cost estimates for road bridge strengthening engineering
- police escorts
- road permits
- lifting of wires
- sign removals
- other activities related to the preparation of the haul road/route
- schedule, duration, time of day restrictions, etc..
- Attend technical meetings in person and via teleconference with representatives of project team and suppliers in St. John's and other locations.
COMPANY FURNISHED FACILITIES
Company shall provide work space to the Contractor personnel, while working the Vale Office in St. John’s, NL, Canada.