|Bid Closing Date|
|Title||Surface Civil Works (2017-2020)||EOI Posting Date||September-08-16|
|Tender Issue Date||EOI Closing Date||** CLOSED **|
|Status||Open||Last Revised On||September-29-16|
Vale Newfoundland & Labrador Limited (Vale NL) are inviting submissions of an Expression of Interest for a potential opportunity to support the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion Project in Voisey’s Bay, NL
Scope of Work
Surface Civil Works (2017-2020)
General overview: This package is for one contractor to complete all the preparations for construction of the main infrastructure from 2017 onwards. The scope includes road building, ground preparation for permanent facilities, forming and concrete pouring for foundations. It does not include aggregate crushing and QA testing. The contractor will be accountable for concrete and has the option of entering into a subcontract with the existing on-site facility. All cement to be provided by the contractor.
1. Concrete & earthworks for surface project construction. The scope includes bulk earthworks, detailed earthworks and concrete works for surface facilities as well as below grade grounding and conduits. Key quantities for concrete is 17,000m3. This will include all forming, reinforcement bars placement, concrete placement and finishing, removal of forms, repairs to surface as required and all column and equipment grouting. CIP Piling is NOT required. This includes the complete scope of the construction activities including the provision of labour, equipment, materials, scheduling, project management, project controls, etc.
- Power house
- Service Complex Expansion (includes Office/Dry, Warehouse and Vehicle Service Bay expansion)
- Boiler house
- Temporary Maintenance Shops and Construction Warehouse
- Core shack
- Permanent accommodation complex
- Paste fill plant
- Mine Waste Water Treatment Plant
- RB & ED surface facilities
- Preparation of raise bore hole collars
2. New road construction. Consisting of over 1 km of heavy haul road as well as 4 kms of common service road. The relocation of the existing access road to the crusher to the south west and including all rock removal (blasting) of approximately 18,000 cubic meters. This will also include driving pads at the Reid Brook surface facilities and access road and eastern deeps portal and eastern deeps surface facilities and concrete/shotcrete plant areas. All surface excavations for foundations required at the south east batch plant area and the eastern deeps surface facilities area. The total of these areas will be roughly 150,000m2
3. Excavation for buried utilities and installation of site wide civil piping. Buried services for permanent accommodations, service complex, power house.
Waste water pipeline replacement
- Pipe benches and culverts
- Mine service water distribution
- Mine dewatering lines
- Tailings supply and return lines
- Heated water supply and return lines between power plant and surface fresh air fans
4. Mine Waste Water Treatment Plant. Removal, modification and installation of water/chemical proof liners for ponds, berms, containment areas.